Welcome to Unorthodoc, a new kind of medical practice based on an old-fashioned model – the one where patients come first. Our relationship with you is the center of everything, where all healthcare decisions are based on what you need rather than what middlemen say you can have.
Unorthodoc: Flexible, Sensible, Affordable Healthcare
Because we use a membership model, Unorthodoc and its founding physician, Dr. Cory Annis eliminate the time constraints, impersonal service and high costs associated with today’s health care.
Unorthodoc offers primary care with a transparent, predictable fees, allowing the focus to shift to you and your well-being instead of how the doctor is paid. Through an affordable membership, you partner with Dr. Annis for health care that is:
- Ample time with the doctor during your visits.
- Same day or next day visits for urgent problems.
- Increased access through texting, video, phone, and, when appropriate, home visits.
- Reliable coordination of tests, specialist visits and hospital transitions.
- A home base for your medical records, concerns and wellness goals.
- A medical relationship you trust and keep regardless of changes in your insurance or job.
- Low monthly membership fee includes easy scheduling of all visits with no added charge for basic labs and studies*:
Primary care for a family of four is $4.92/day, less than the cost of a sandwich!
*Per visit charge (in-office, phone, video) $20 adults and kids over 6, $10 kids 6 and under. At least one parent or legal guardian must be enrolled with children from the same family
Special Apology to potential patients age 65 and older: As of March 2017, Unorthodoc has filled all it’s available memberships in this age group. We are grateful to our senior members for both teaching and understanding the importance of time and relationship in medicine. Similar membership-style Internal Medicine practices that we recommend: Dr. Todd Granger if you’re in or south of Chapel Hill; Dr. Kenneth Stone if you are in east or north Chapel Hill and Durham; Dr. Inaam Schneider in Raleigh. For Triangle area Family Practices, see Access Healthcare in Apex, and, in Raleigh, Drs. Amy Walsh and Soon Kwark.